I came across this recipe last year while in Ottawa for work… The whole “Take 5” team was in the booth beside us serving up some really good recipes… I think I must have “sampled” three whole cans worth of their Mediterranean Salmon ‘n’ Tomato Cups, and probably an entire Naan Pizza… yeah, it was that good!
Spicy Tuna Pad Thai
from Take 5 by Cloverleaf
1 cup vermicelli rice noodles, medium width
2 cans Clover Leaf Flaked Light Tuna – Spicy Thai Chili
1 cup snow peas, sliced julienne (set some aside for garnish)
1 cup grated carrots (set some aside for garnish)
1 cup coconut milk
1. In a large bowl, cover the rice noodles with boiling water and let soak for 3 minutes.
2. While the noodles soak, in a large sauté pan, add the tuna, sliced snow peas, grated carrots and stir together over high heat. Add the coconut milk.
3. Drain noodles and toss with tuna sauce in the pan.
4. Serve in a shallow bowl and garnish with remaining grated carrots and snow peas.
There are some great tips on the website, which I actually didn’t see until now, but I will have to try them next time…
- Can also garnish with fresh bean sprouts, crushed peanuts, lime wedges or cilantro.
- Add a scoop of peanut butter to the sauce before adding the noodles, that will add in some of the missing peanut taste.
- The Tomato & Onion flavoured tuna variety works well for kids, without the bite.
My own personal-experience-tip: Don’t eat that little red chili that comes in every can… I know you will want to… it’s tiny, it’s cute, you think “how hot could this be…” but seriously, don’t eat it!! It will make you cry! You can thank me later!
Can you handle the heat? Do you like spicy food? What’s your favourite spicy dish or recipe?