1. At my first meeting, I had to opportunity to take part in a team building exercise while in San Antonio at the Culinary Institute of America. I love food & cooking so this was right up my alley… I was in charge of making Mushroom Crab Cakes with a Chipotle Aioli.
2. Lunch at La Gloria in San Antonio. Such amazing Mexican food…. which I don’t see to often in Canada… On that note, anyone know of any really good Mexican restaurants in KW-Toronto? I know I’ll be craving it for weeks!
3. Congrats to Terminal A at Houston Airport… you have the most disgusting, unkept washrooms I have ever been in, in my entire life. Worse than the women’s washroom in a bar after last call.
4. Delay’s suck. My flight out of Houston was delayed 1 hour, which caused me to miss my connection in Calgary to Vancouver, which also happened to be the last flight of the day. Air Canada put me up in a hotel for the night, and on the first flight out in the morning. I think I got a combined total of 4 hours of sleep that night.
5. Catching up with old friends who live in the cities I am traveling to. A few years ago when I was in Calgary for work I caught up with my friend Jo… this time I got to catch up with my friend Dustyn in Vancouver… A night out on the town after a long day at the show was just what I needed.
6. I had my first visit to Whole Food Market in Vancouver. I grabbed some bananas, healthy walnut banana bread, broccoli salad, salsa and chips… set me back $20.
7. I’ve discovered some great apps, equipment, and techniques for blogging on the road. I’ll cover this in a separate post next week… but let me just leave you with this, this whole post was written in my hotel room in Vancouver on my iPad. Does it look much different than my regular posts?
Well kids, after working all weekend I am catching an early flight back to Toronto tomorrow morning… so it’s off to bed for me. I honestly cannot wait to get home, sleep in my own bed, and see “J.”
Did you have a good week?