If you were following the news about the weather last week you would have seen my area received about a foot of snow. I don’t know what it is about snow, but as soon as all that white covers the ground I get the itch to decorate and make hot chocolate.
Rather than hauling all of my Christmas decorations out of the basement and creating a full-fledged holiday scene in my house (or the glitter tornado as “J” likes to call it), the rational side of me presented a compromise and suggested I make hot chocolate instead. But what would hot chocolate be without marshmallows?
When craving marshmallows you shouldn’t look any farther than Rosie Daykin’s cookbook, Butter Baked Goods. Rosie is the master when it comes to making marshmallows, in fact, they can be found in over 300 stores across Canada and the US. From Toasted Coconut to the seasonal favourite, Eggnog, Rosie’s marshmallows are handcut, fluffy squares of goodness.
With the trusty Butter Baked Goods cookbook in hand, I set out to make my very own pumpkin spice marshmallows… from scratch. Having never made marshmallows before I was a little nervous, however Rosie makes it very easy to follow her famous recipe (which can be found on page 227). With a plethora of sweet and fluffy marshmallows on hand I thought I’d also try another famous Butter Baked Goods offering: s’mores. The pumpkin spice marshmallows were the perfect filling for Butter’s easy homemade graham cracker recipe (which can be found on page 87).
What’s great about these recipes is they make excellent gifts around the holidays. Nothing is sweeter than receiving a package of hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows, especially on cold winter day!
Butter Baked Blogger Tour
A few bloggers and myself were so excited about Rosie’s cookbook that we organized a little Butter Baked Bloggers Tour! Make sure you tour-along and check out all the blogs taking part in this awesome giveaway!
- The Tasty Gardener // Raspberry Custard Pie
- Devour & Conquer // Chocolate Honeycomb Brittle
- Cooking for Kiwi & Bean // Jackson Pollock Popcorn
- Hidden Ponies // The Dunbar
- Sweet Twist of Blogging // Butterscotch Walnut Bar
- eat. live. travel. write. // Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Olive & Ruby // Twice a Week Morning Glory Muffins
- Family Bites // Orange Pecan Biscotti
- The Brunette Baker // Butter’s Classic White Cake and Coffee Buttercream Frosting
- A Pretty Life // Kitchen Sink Bark
- Planet Byn // The Dream Slice
- She Eats // Apple Bacon Cheddar Scones
- My Cookbook Addiction // Chocolate Espresso Pound Cake
- Libby Roach // Vunderbars
- Crumb: A Food Blog // Chocolate Pistachio Pound Loaf
Butter Baked Good Giveaway
Prize: A personally signed Butter Baked Goods cookbook from Rosie, as well as a delicious box of goodies from the bakery. Prize is valued at $125.
To Enter: Follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter below. You must leave a comment in order enter. No purchase of any product necessary for entry.
Open To: Canada & US only.
Giveaway Closes: Wednesday, December 3, 2014.
Contest is open till December 3, 2014 to all legal residents of Canada and the US who have reached the age of majority at the time of the contest in province, territory, or state in which they reside. Canada winners will be required to answer a skill testing question.